Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's Beautiful to you?

So the other day I was coming back from a meeting that I had attended in Brainard.  As I was driving a song came on the radio I sat there listening to it, smiling and shaking my head on how perfect this song matched my marriage.  There are songs that you hear that fit your mood, give you encouragement, fit the situation, or will just always spark that memory that you hope you never forget.  So this day, before I had a cell phone with cool features that could find a song and download it for me, I had to scrounge for a piece of paper and pen, yes while driving, listening to the words to see if there was any hint to what the song would be called in case the DJ failed to tell me afterwards all while driving down a dark country road...and they say texting while driving is dangerous.  I was successful in discovering the song was "That's Beautiful to Me" by Jason and the Long Road to Love.

Why am I telling you this, as I was driving in to work this morning it came on again, this time from my personal playlist, and I teared up was sentimental reminded of the first time I heard it and I though I would share it with you.  This song is not our song by the way, Savage Garden gets that claim to fame.

Really the enjoyment of a song like "...beautiful..." is that you see things that are "special" to you but as I re-listened to it, and thought outside myself, I realize that its probably pretty common.  I mean what man doesn't like seeing lines on his wife face from her sleeping on his chest or enjoy her singing the wrong words to his favorite song.  These are the things that make your relationship special but the same as everyone else's.  I'm sure I don't have the only wife in the world who gets tired of red roses.  She wants variety, so as soon as she says "you know, I wouldn't mind other colors too" you can connect to this song as being special.  Add your wife's decision to drink coffee on a weekend without putting on make-up and you can almost tie it all together.  See when I hear this song, all those moments that this song writes about come to my mind and even if I need to reach to tie meaning together like "I drove you down the boulevard" and it's obviously he's talking about our first date when, after going out to eat, I drove us down "Kirby Puckett Boulevard" on the day it was re-named or the fact that he wrote "What you doin' with a guy like me?...I don't deserve to have a girl as beautiful as you" and I smile cause he is so right.

So men, if you Truly, Madly, and Deeply love your wife; take this moment to tell her about that special something that is Beautiful to You.(Song of Songs1:15)  She'd appreciate knowing what it is that she did, the other day.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed the first time I heard that song.. "Go to buy a dog and you come home with three" yep that's me! And I remember the first time Troy played Truely, Madly, Deeply for me. I was the day we got engaged.

    ReplyDelete