Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Google- I love you - "The only workout I truly enjoy"-refound

So the other day I posted this, lost it, and it was found again,(Luke 15:32) so for those who didn't read it before...Here it is...

So the other day I was finishing my first semester of college, yes it was my last but that's another story. I was very proud of my GPA with all the distractions going on like having a pregnant girlfriend and my impending academic probation. Yes, I was sitting with a nice 3.8 GPA but apparently if you drop 2/3 of your credits on the last day before it counts as an incomplete (Psychology, Math and English) they frown on that. So what was the 1/3 I kept? Glad you asked.

I kept Band, Band Technique, and Volleyball. How I survived, I'll never know. So why am I telling you all this, simple I still play volleyball...And I love it. I would play every day, unless I was playing golf- you'll read more about that this spring as the itch to play starts growing. But Seriously I love it, I find it weird though that as tall as I am my favorite position is often Setter. I take pure joy out of putting the ball exactly where it needs to be to have someone crush it. Honestly, I think I enjoy that more than killing a ball myself. I find it interesting that at 6'6" that I have a desire to do what is not my "bread and butter" position. I prefer being guard on the basketball court, and, well, ok, that's the only example I can come up with.

Lately volleyball has been the only exercise I can fit in. I have a gym membership but it's only open till 6:00 and I've been working past that too much lately, so my old church's open volleyball night on Sunday is just the ticket. Typically we have 10-14 people and for the most part it’s a high level pickup game. Last night, as my team got beat a lot so I found myself running a lot, and I LOVED IT. I know you shouldn't need to "run" that much when playing volleyball but some new people were there and it was nice to be able to encourage them while shagging errand balls. It also felt good to know that 30lbs ago I wouldn't have been able to get to those balls in the first place (imagine a freight train; Long time to get started, long time to slow down).

I'm hoping in the coming weeks to maybe make it to this new place I recently found out about that has a open gym night and then the weight will really be lost, not this post like the other day...See what I am setting up for you to spike down? huh? HUH? Nevermind....

No comments:

Post a Comment