Saturday, January 21, 2012

Working my way back

So the other day I blogged about the needed to get back to my losing weight. I planned on the idea that if I gained it quick I can lose it quick, something I picked up from all my weight loss adventures.  Well it's not coming off as fast as it went on.  I'm seeing this as a opportunity to learn that this weight battle will always be a slippery(sometimes bacon fat slippery) slope.  I cannot, even after hitting my goals, assume that the weight will stabilize and stay flat.  It will need to be a focused effort to stay at any weight I want to be at simply because I LOVE food.

So, why am I telling you this, because in the last 3 weeks I have learned a couple of things that I want to pass on... as well as the results so far.

  1. If you want to drop weight that you already lost once, it is OK to go the same route as the last time...
    1. Last time I was successful in losing these pounds I had worked out 1-2 times a week (in addition to volleyball).  So far, I have not hit the gym even once, funny I haven't lost the weight as fast...
  2. If you are thirsty, drink-if you are thirsty don't drink pop, drink water. If you don't have water don't just sit there, go get some water.
    1. One of my hangups till this week would be my desire to drink carbonated beverages (specifically Diet Dr. Pepper, cause it tastes more like the original).  I enjoy my pop, no not soda but pop (maybe I can go on a rant some other time about this and "duck duck grey duck" not goose)  So anyway, I would drink 1-2 bottles a day.
    2. I told myself that I needed to stop/minimize the amount of pop I drink in a day.  Unfortunately this usually meant I would sit at my desk with nothing to drink...not useful in flushing the fat from my system...Funny I haven't lost the weight
  3. Working more than 40 hours can be a hazard to your health.  
    1. I (my wonderful wife) packs a lunch to get me from lunch to dinner, typically dinner is at 6:00
    2. If you leave work at 8:00pm, it's hard on your body and mind to not eat.
    3. People in offices have candy at their desks and they are happy to let you eat as much as you want if you give them money in appreciation...Working more than 40 hours can be a hazard to your petty cash too.
  4. Buffalo Wild Wings is not part of a balanced diet.
    1. Unless your diet is Beer and Wings
    2. oh and Onion Rings
    3. 3 times in a week may be too much
    4. or then again maybe not...
Tomorrow's blog, why I'm happy being fat.  Brought to you by, and written from, my local BW3.  No, not really...I think my progress has been acceptable considering all of the above hang ups.(Psalm 37:24)

For those of you keeping track at home, I am down 4.4 year to date. that means I have 23.6lbs left to go. At this point, I see that I may need to work even harder than I thought I would have to the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment