Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year - New Shirts

So the other day I tipped the scales at a lovely 336lbs.  This was the largest (to my knowledge) I have ever been.  Preferably also the largest I ever will be.  I don't like knowing that my skin could stretch that far and honestly I still have the scars from that weight (physical and mental).
(Buddies wedding Jan 2006)
This picture was from my buddies wedding in Mexico.  7 days of all inclusive liquids and food...and it was all soooo good. The next week I attended Sales Conference in Palm Springs, a work celebration for the top 10% of employees...more all inclusive food and liquids.  It ended with me tipping the scales at a very uncomfortable weight of 336lbs.  I have had many fluctuations in weight since then...2 steps forward 1 step back as they go...I cannot complain too much.  But now, I have my goal and the determination.



Last March my wife and I started Weight Watchers Online.  I started the adventure at 303 lbs, I was determined to hit my wedding weight of  255 lbs.  After I got married in 1998 I shot up not looking at the scale as I did.  First I lost 5% of my weight, then 10% then I hit my lowest weight in remembered history at 271lbs only 4 months after starting.  I pretty much looked awesome and became complacent as this is the best I have looked in 8 years.
Me and my Wonder-Teen
We are now just a measly 3 months from that great day and I am up to 283.  I can give you the excuses of I had a party last night (who didn't) and we had a great spread and some great beers.  BUT I need to be more responsible.  I looked at the scale each day and thought...at least it's not the 300s.

So why am I bringing this all up?  Well simple.  My family, in keeping with the celebration of my weight loss bought me new clothes for Christmas.  It turns out 12 lbs shows up on a body.  So my 6 new tee shirts, a new polo, 2 sweatshirts and 2 pairs of jeans don't fit "comfortably" right now.  OK, I look like a stuffed sausage.

And to add to that reason, these last 3 months my wife has been kicking my arse in weight loss and is looking HOT.  She has a goal to reach by April 1st, so I will be doing the same.  3 months to 255.  This was suppose to be a simple 16 pound push but I had to go and gain 12 lbs. Now 28 is the goal.  2.3 lbs per week.

I don't plan on updating you all with the details but I'll check in on this topic when fitting, but hopefully it's the clothes that will be fitting in no time at all.

I wish you all a blessed New Year and much success to your goals that you set now, and the other day...

No comments:

Post a Comment