Thursday, December 22, 2011

Echo echo echo...

So the other day my daughter and I went and saw a movie.  We were the only ones in the theater and it became a great time.  Hanging out and being able to talk and laugh freely and since the daughter was 9 at the time there were many times when laughter would break out.  The movie wasn't a Oscar winning film but the memory was.

The reason I bring this up...last night, my daughter and I got to repeat the event.  We went and watched The Muppet movie, and we were surprised to see that we were again the only ones in the theater and then she says "Remember when this happened before?" and I was brought back to that day and the memory again...

I don't know if you will ever have the chance to see a movie in an empty theater but you will have the chance to make a memory with your kids.  Do it, you will not regret it.  I have a couple of running ones like the car wash with my daughter and lacrosse games with my son.  It's these things that they will remember and then be able to repeat to their kids.

And you know what's really cool?  I love when I hear my kids say to their friends "So I was hanging out with my dad the other day..."

No comments:

Post a Comment