Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bragging is not against the law

So the other day I got to do one of my favorite things.  Simply put, brag about my family.  I try and do this whenever I can, I'm sure that it can be annoying to many; but it is something, that when done correctly, you can see the envy in their eyes but they appreciate the joy you have in sharing that moment with them.

So this day it was my wife that I was bragging about...I brought her home-baked goodies into work.  Homemade toffee,Chex mix, Butterscotch fingers and this upside-down apple cake that both magically melts in your mouth but lingers with awesomeness on the back of your tongue.  As my coworkers, some of whom had not had the chance to enjoy my wife's baking, ran to my desk they would begin to exclaim on how amazing everything tasted.  I then would get to talk about how my wife is pretty much better than sliced bread, and then everyone had no option but to agree that they wish they could be married to her...

I know that I shouldn't boast and brag about those things that God has given me, oh there's no doubt that she was given to me by God, but it's so hard not to when you have the best.  I have never lost a "My wife is better than your wife" competition and I can only hope that I can continue to help her win her "best husband" battles.

Till the next post I pray you continue to focus on all the real joys of Christmas...and that you remember that Jesus was born on this night, the other day

No comments:

Post a Comment