Sunday, December 18, 2011

Big bargains pay off

So the other day I'm at Kohls, and if you know Kohls, you know I was there looking at their 60% 70% and 80% off racks.  While I'm hunting through the racks, I find this 2XL Adidas "dry fit" shirt on the 80% off rack.  I calculate it at about $5.25.  Me, currently wearing 3XL, like a glove, sees this as a great bargain. mainly because if I can't ever wear it I'm only spending $5.25 and if I can somehow ever, Bonus!

So I get up the the register, yes I am promoting Kohls (and this is why I will forever) and the cashier rings up my $5.25 shirt. Unfortunately for my plan,  I see that my $5.25 awesome workout shirt (yeah, workout) is now $26.25 and I'm like, "Um, I found that on the 80% off rack."  The cashier looks at me, and without a blink of an eye says, "Oh, OK, no problem" hits a button on the screen that says "Make it Happen" and she changes the price to $5.25.  Seriously, no "are you sure", no "I can't do that", just a hit of a button and this fat man has a new workout shirt (Again yea, right).  As I am walking out of the store, I look over at a rack and there it is, the display that my shirt was suppose to be on.  My shirt $26.25 full price...Funny story, I get home that day and think well I can fit into this shirt Now. put it on and stand looking at myself in the mirror.  I look good I tell myself and then proceed to try and take the shirt off...Eventually I was successful with a little help from my wife...EF (epic fail)

So that brings us to today...why did I bring this up?  Well, I recently have been losing some weight and today I found said shirt in the bottom of the workout clothes drawer and I decided to put it on.  I am happy to say.  It looks dang good and I'm also pretty sure that I won't need my wife's help getting it back off.

So remember, bargains that you got the other day are only as good as the story you get to share about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment